Friday, April 20, 2012

Happy Birthday Lanman

Still catching up from February for what was probably the most important thing we did.  My sweet boy turned 9 and we celebrated for a full week.  First with family...

Photobucket


Photobucket


Photobucket


Photobucket


Photobucket

and then with friends.  Landon wanted some friends to spend the night for his party but I helped it along with a theme.  :)  I went with army/camo and it was so easy.  The day before the party, I went on the hunt for anything camo and ended up buying camo face paint and found the boys camo tees that were on sale at Academy for $2.33...score!! Then I found other cheap goodies like glow sticks, mini nerf guns, headlamps, etc.  And decided that would be the grand prize from the scavenger hunt.

  Photobucket

I don't know if it was technically a scavenger hunt per se, but close enough.  I set up clues that would lead to a "boot camp" station where Ash and I would lead them in some drill...They LOVED it!!

  Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket


Photobucket

After they completed their "drills" and got their prizes, they got dressed in camo and had a nerf gun fight outside.  They finished that pretty quickly since they couldn't see the nerf bullets to reload...oops!

Photobucket

Photobucket

So we headed inside for some pizza and cake and let Landon open his presents.  Boys will be boys so dinner was rowdy to say the least.

Photobucket


Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket


Photobucket


Photobucket

Our gift to Landon was a laser tag kit that was immediatly put to use along with all the nerf guns and a few more nerf bullets...although it was too dark for any pictures.  But I did snap some afterwards of some very sweaty stinky boys!

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket


Photobucket

This is probably the only sleepover where kids had to take showers, but I was so grossed out by the thought of them sleeping like that, that I insisited!  ha  After they were all cleaned up, they headed down to the basement to play some more and finally sleep.


Photobucket

 Party was a success and my sweet boy is another year older.  I have to say that this was the hardest birthday yet because I realized that in just another 9 years, Landon will be leaving my house...what!?!?  These first 9 years flew by and I really got choked up by that thought.  So my daily prayers now consist of time slowing down!  :)  He is growing by they day and is the sweetest, most considerate, smart, funny, witty, etc etc son/brother/cousin/friend.  I am in owe of his maturity and his ability to handle situations flawlessly.  I think I may start going to him for advice.  :)  He loves school and excels in math and science.  He loves to read and is currently reading Harry Potter.  At almost any given point in time, you can find him playing any sport there is, but this past year he played football, basketball and lacrosse.  If he's not physically engaging in sports himself then you can bet he's playing it on his some sort of game device.  I love this boy more than I could ever even try to describe in words.  He is the light of my life, the apple of my eye and I am humbled that I call him my son.  I love you Landon!!

  Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment