Monday, July 11, 2011

Life Is Good

I still have so many pics of the beach left to go through and wanted to squeeze in anopther blog post from our not so recent anymore beach trip.  There is really no other place I love more than the beach.  I guess you could say its my zen.  And being there with my family and 5 other families who have become so of our closest friends made it all the more better.   I forgot to mention that the whole week kicked off with Father's Day andit was a  perfect way for all those dads to start their week off with...lots of lovin from their kiddos!  :)

Photobucket




Photobucket




Photobucket




We had a little mini party as soon as we woke up and the kids gave Ash his gifts...a card that they personlized with their own sweet voices (which took Lucy less than 10 min to break :(   ) a new portable chair (which Lucy tested out) and a cordless speaker that we can hook up and take anywhere, which we got plenty of use with at the beach!  :)

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket



Not only did we celebrate fathers day but we also got to squeeze in a couple of birthday celebrations during our beach trip as well.  Miss Ellie was  turning 6 and her party consisted of Pizza by the Sea, Publix birthday cake (which is seriously hands down my favorite), and an American Girl doll.  I think its safe to assume just by those details that her party was a hit!  :)  So much so that I don't have a single picture.  But I do have this one, of the birthday girl with her sweet mama.

Photobucket


And then Julie was up next turning, well I can't say, cause I might get in trouble with her. :)   But we had a more grown up birthday party with her.  For starters, we celebrated with a "Better than Sex" cake. I did not make up the name nor the recipe but will share it with you because, well, the name says it all! :)

Better than Sex Cake

Prepare a store bought German chocolate cake according to package directions.  Once baked and while cake is still warm, poke holes through cake and pour sweetened condensed millk and hot fudge topping.  Let cool.  "Ice" cake with whip cream and sprinkle crushed heath candy bar bits on top.


Okay, back to the birthday party.  We didn't start the "official" celebrating until 8pm and left all the kiddos with our babysitters.  Our first stop was Cafe 30 A in Seagrove.  We had all heard rave reviews and couldn't wait to try it.  I was less than impressed but was also fighting off a migrain that was creeping up on me the entire dinner, so I'm not sure I was the best judge, especially since everyone else at the table loved it.  However, I thoroughly enjoyed the company.

Photobucket




Photobucket



After dinner, we headed to another local joint that had live music and room for dancing.  It was a duo from Tuscaloos (Roll Tide!  :)) and they played country hits, which I loved singing along too.  That's where all the dancing got started. 

Photobucket



We caught the tail end of the set, but lucky for us, one of our own was willing to take over for a bit longer.  And he switched it over from country to some good ole rock n roll...

Photobucket


Photobucket


And so we all danced a little bit longer.

Photobucket




Photobucket




Eventually we were asked to leave!  :)  They had to shut down.  So we made our way outside to figure out what was next and this little guy listened on. 

Photobucket

 It ended up being a very late night but oh so much fun.  Lots of laughing, singing, and dancing made for a perfect "grown up" birthday party!   :)  However, we did pay for it the next day...but luckily we also had 2 great babysitters to help.

Thats not all the dancing that was had on the trip though.  One night we caught an outdoor concert.  This may have been my favorite part of the trip.  Those kids immedialty got out on that lawn and started dancing.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

 They danced and danced, and laughed, and ran, and had the very best time.  Their dancing consisted of hip shaking, clapping, roll overs, and toe pointing and I had the best time just watching all that fun. 


Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

And of course, with all that fun came a few tears as well...

Photobucket

Photobucket

The concert lasted exactly 2 hours which is exactly how long the dancing lasted and a perfect way to wear out some kids...

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket



and adults too!  :)

Photobucket

In between all the beach time and pool time and all that dancing we also squeezed in some putt putt...

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

and another favorite...crabbing!

I would say that I have done my fair share of crabbing and have done it plenty to know that I want to wear tennis shoes.  I made Lucy wear some too.  She and I may have been the only ones not screaming and running from those little crabs.  :)  So I was able to take plenty of pictures and was also able to laugh plenty too.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket


With flashlights in hand, we strolled down the beach and lugged a cooler with us to hold what we found.

Photobucket

Photobucket



Photobucket

Photobucket


Oh man...this blog post has taken up all of nap time...yikes. So I'll have to wrap it up with some more random pics...

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

We made so many memories on that trip and really had the best time.  Lucy asks about everyone on a daily basis and is confused why we aren't all living together anymore.  I know I can speak for everyone, when I say we all hated to leave but can't wait to go back, sooner than later!  :)

1 comment: