Friday, July 22, 2011

Jumbo....

...it means hello!  This is our new favorite song we learned this week.  :)  We have been going to "Kingdom of the Son" for the past 4 days.  Our church had their Vacation Bible School and that is where we could all be found every morning this week. 

Landon will be going into 3rd grade in a few weeks and this year would be his last for vacation bible school.  I often hesitate teaching my own kids (I feel like I pick on them) but he insisted he wanted me to teach his class so I did...him and eighteen other eight year olds.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket


Every morning we would wake up and rush through breakfast and getting dressed, making up daiper bags, snacks, and lunches and hurry over to the church, and 3 out of the 4 days we were on time or even early...hoorah!  :)  Once the girls were in the nursery, Landon and I would make our way to the opening morning worship.  It is really something to start your day with 350+ children singing and praising the Lord and every single morning I would tear up just listening to it all!  :) 

Photobucket

And from there the day just got more and more fun with recreation...

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

followed by music...

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

   

and don't forget snack time!

Photobucket

We also of course had our daily bible lesson with our safari tour guides...

Photobucket

Photobucket

and did plenty of crafts!  But the crafts were quite the ordeal and so I was never able to get any pics during our time there.  :)

And we would run into our little friends throughout the mornings...

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

I had such a good time this week and am always humbled by the expereince.  It puts things into persepective about what is really important.  Well,  we're off to check things off of our summer list...will have to blog about that soon!  Have a great weekend!

1 comment:

  1. Totally stealing a picture!
    I know what you mean about being weepy, it gets me too!

    ReplyDelete