Tuesday, October 18, 2011

Tuesday Rambings {and a recipe}

Well this blog post is exactly as its titles, just some random ramblings and pictures.  The weather here has been absolutely beautiful and we have tried to enjoy it as much as possible.  Lately, we have really enjoyed going to the parks and Lucy has aptly named each park.  Let's see in out rotation we have the pink park, Mickey Mouse park, green park, Pressy's park, and Railroad Park or as Lucy pronounces it Wailwode Pawk.  Its not one I take the girls by myself too often, but its our favorite park to go to as a family.

DSC_0344

DSC_0404

DSC_0370

DSC_0367

DSC_0384


There are huge grassy lawns for Lan Man and Ash to throw around a frisbee or football.  There are numerouse tracks to stroll the girls, a playground, a workout gym thingy that the kids just like to crawl on, a playground and a huge covered area for a picnic with a little restaurant.  There are also a bunch of food van vendors (what is the real name for those???) that may or may not be there.  All in all its a great clean and green urban park that we really enjoy.

DSC_0363

DSC_0353

DSC_0352

Again, I tried using my camera on manuel, but I could not get the settings right.  It could be that I was facing the sun in almost every picture and things were just to bright.  So far, taking pictures of rocks is the easiest!  ha!  :)  They didn't turned out to bad but there are a lot of shadows...thank goodness I think my kids are so cute that nothing can make there pictures too bad.

Lil Bit is a mess here lately.  She is into everything and is starting to climb.  Yesterday she had climbed up on the fireplace hearth and was sitting in the fireplace.  I freaked before realizing nothing could have happened, (the gas is turned off from the outside) so I wasn't able to snap a picture.  It was pretty funny to see a baby sitting inside a fireplace.  But I guess I better nip that in the bud quick before we start using the fireplace again.  Speaking off, a cold front is coming through tonight and we wil be getting some real cold fall weather the next few days.  I'm so ready because I just got a new pair of boots that I can't wait to wear.  Okay, I warned you this was a rambling type post...sorry!

DSC_0415

With Lil Bit becoming her own little personality, she and Lucy have realized they have best friends in each other.  They are really cute to watch play.  Lucy is quite bossy of course, but Lynlee can quickly have enough and stand up for herself.  Here is another random picture of Lucy helping me fold clothes...notice all her piles.  :)

DSC_0413

And finally, I have a recipe to share.  I made it last night and it was oh so good (and a hit with all the kids too!)  Its
Buffalo Chicken Pasta.  First get all your ingredients together...

DSC_0406

Plus chicken.  (Depsite my best efforts, I can't make raw meat look good, so I'll just opt not to post pictures of it)

Put your chicken, cream of chicken soup and equal amount of buffalo sauce in your crockpot on low sometime in the morning, then go about your day.

When your ready for dinner, cook your penne according to directions.  Meanwhile, shred chicken in crockpot with a fork, add about 1 cup of sour cream, 1/2 cup of chunky blue cheese dressing, and about 1 cup of mozeralla cheese to your crockpot.  (Honestly, I didn't measure any of the ingredients, so its all approximate, add as much or as little as you want...I really don't think you can mess it up:))  When your noodles are done, drain and add to crockpot and stir all together.  And thats it, your ready to serve. 

DSC_0421

Serve with a blue cheese salad kit and a loaf of french bread for a complete meal.   The girls gobbled it up...

DSC_0430

DSC_0429

DSC_0426

DSC_0427


Some notes:  Since my kids won't eat anything to spicy, I choose extra mild buffalo sauce and used just enough to get a flavor.  Ash and I later added more to our plates for an extra kick.  And to make it as healthy as possible, use low sodium cream of chicken, low fat sour creme, low fat blue cheese dressing, and whole wheat penne pasta.   And to make things even easier, I have also been using these...

DSC_0408

But am wondering how safe or toxic free they are...seems kinda not right for plastic to be touching a hot surface for long periods of time while your food cooks in it...hmmmm.  But it sure made cleaning up easy!  :)  Have a wonderful day!

No comments:

Post a Comment