Tuesday, October 25, 2011

Boys of Fall

Since the 1st of August, football has pretty much consumed our world. We could count on it every Monday, Tuesday, Thursday with a Sunday thrown in every now and then.  Its a good thing that Landon likes loves it, because I'm not sure I could tolerate it otherwise.  Don't get me wrong I am a girl who happens to love football herself, but its been quite a time constraint and overall sacrafice for this family.  But Lan Man does love it so I bite my tongue, put a smile on my face and act the happy soccer football mom part...sort of...kind of... but not really!  ha!  :)  Did you catch all that!?!?And for all of you out there with more than one child playing at a time...how in the world to you do it!?!

football1

Ok, so really this is a post about Lan Man so I'll get back to it.  Football practice started at the beginning of August when it was HOT outside and it was still bright as day when practice ended at 8pm!


DSC_0521

Those boys grueled, tackled, grunted, sweated (is that a word??) and practiced day after day and practiced play after play in anticipation of that weeks game.  They worked so hard and were ready to play and win.


DSC_0499



DSC_0535



DSC_0532


The football gods had another plan and that would involve them losing all but one game.  But they sure did work hard and have fun, which is really what its all about at this age.


DSC_0511

{I'm going to warn you right hear, I'm about to brag on my boy, so if that gets on your nerves or makes you want to roll your eyes, you may want to stop reading now.  :) }  Landon is quite the stud on the football field.  He played safety, linebacker, and left guard on a regular basis.  But when needed, he stepped in as running back, tight end, center, and a position on the kick off team that I dont know the name of.  He played every game, nearly the whole game, coming out once maybe twice for a quick water break.  That boy gave it his all every single second he was out there and made some awesome plays - tackles, interceptions, fumble recovery etc

Picnik collage


And he knows so much about that game  now, that I need him around when I watch games on tv.  I'm now watching and asking him what happened or what a flag was for and he fills me in!  ha  :)  Although, the season ended 1-7, Landon had so much fun playing and is sad that his season is over this year.  I love that sports lovin boy so much and love watching him play, grow and improving year after year.  Go Rebels and go #23!


football2



Scanpic


So now we have a 2 week break until his next sport starts....basketball!!  And in the meantime, I'll keep explaining to him why we can't actually go to the Bama/LSU game...omg those tickets are going for $500+ a ticket...say what!?!?  We will be tailgating on the quad and maybe luck out with a pair of tickets (yeah right)!  Roll Tide!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment