Sunday, October 16, 2011

"Fall"ing in Love

I got a new camera and I am in love!  Actually, I got this camera back in the spring.  And it was still amazing then...
DSC_0461

 But recently, I have learned a few tricks of the trade, such as aperature and shutter speed and it has slowly begun to open up my world and make for some amazing pictures.  Believe it or not, I have sat down quite a few times to blog but realized I had no pictures to blog about.  As I am learning what this setting does as opposed to another setting, I take pictures of still life, like a flower or dish.  I would love to have been learning on my children, but we all know they are never still!  Unless their asleep and then its dark and well I can't take pictures in the dark.  ha!  Anyhow, I figured its kinda pointless to be learning and miss funny moments because I'm too busy taking pictures of ummm, rocks.  So, I dialed it back over to automatic and snapped away this weekend.  But I did manage to snap a few on manual and I'll let you guess which ones are which!  :)
So, baby brothers celebrated their 21st birthday this weekend.  There birthday is actually today - HAPPY BIRTHDAY BO & RETT!!  But of course, we kicked it off early and celebrated Friday night with a family dinner at Ruth's Chris.



My family is pretty funny and we always leave from these sorts of get togethers with stomach aches from laughing so hard. (and maybe the delicious food might have something to do with it too :))
The boys are the babies of the family and there are 22 years between them and the oldest sister, so they were quite loved and mothered growing up, which makes them pretty spoiled.  Just kidding... (not really)  :)  After dinner we all I tried to get them to go out on the town but they had no interest and were ready to head back to t-town to party on with their friends.




Saturday, we deemed family day.  The weather was gorgeous!  So while Lynlee (and I) took a morning nap, Ash took the other 2 hiking at Moss Rock.  They came back and picked us up to go to McDonalds.  The most fun McDonald's ever!  The playground was enormous!!


First we ate...

DSC_0317
Then we played...



and played...




and played...



Finally, when everyone was worn out (including myself and Ash), we made our way to buy our Halloween pumpkins.  Because everyone was so tired, we really should have waited.  It was chaotic and fussy to say the least, but quite memorable and really kind funny now.




Each child was going to get their own pumpkin with the intentions of carving all of them.  Well, Landon wanted the warty kind of pumpkin.  (Ewww...just looking at those pumpkins makes my head itch!)  As I tried to calmly [insert rolling eyes] explain that type of pumpkin would be very hard to carve and as he very politely [again insert rolling eyes] tried to argue with me, we looked over and saw Lynlee crawling over all the pumpkins as they were rolling off of the pallets.






As I ran to rescue the pumpkins Lynlee, I look over and Lucy is busy organzing all of the teeny tiny miniature pumpkins exclaiming that those were her pumpkins.







Meanwhile, Ash is asking the sweet volunteer how much everything was to make sure we wouldn't go broke buying pumpkins.  Landon is pouting about the warty pumpkin, Lucy keeps telling me the tiny pumpkins were hers and Lynlee is crying because she is ready for a nap.  Ahhhh...fun times!  :)

We left with 9 pumpkins, 3 fussy children, 1 ticked off mommy and 1 husband trying to keep the peace!  Needless to say we all took afternoon naps!  Speaking of, I hear the girls waking up...enjoy whats left of your weekend!





No comments:

Post a Comment