Monday, July 18, 2011

The Things She Says

Lucy is 2, (which is one of my favorite ages) and keeps me on my toes and laughing all the time.  She is very much into make believe, baby dolls, "pincess" and is a complete girly girl.  She has always been hilarious but here lately the things that come out of her mouth, keep us all in stitches, even Landon gets a kick out of it.  I don't want to forget it and need to document it somewhere and figured the blog would be the perfect place.

Photobucket


A few weeks ago, Lucy was aggrevating Landon in the car, so I got onto her, so she started aggrevating me!  :)  Anyhow, Landon and I retaliated, by repeating everything she was saying.  After about a minute she stopped and said "stop guys, you makin me crazy!"  Landon and I both started dying laughing. 

Earlier this week, we were getting dressed for the day and I was explaning to her that we were going to a puppet show at the library.  We conversated for a bit about it and I finally asked her if she knew what a puppet show was, she responded, "wuff wuff" 

We have recently been working on our sirs and m'ams.  So whenever she says "what?" I'll respond with m'aam and she'll respond back with "what m'aam"   :)

While filling up the car with gas, the kids all started fussing, and I yelled through the window for them to sit down and calm down.  Everyone did but Lucy and she just started saying "mama" over and over and over again until I got back in the car, about 2 minutes later.  When I got it, I turned around and spanked hre leg.  She looked at me like I had lost it and said "what is up with that "  Landon asked if she said what he thought she said and we both busted out laughing. 

Like I said earlier, Lucy is all into princesses right now.  So, we have been slowly adding princess movies to our collection.  Well, it never fails that at the end of every movie, when the princess finally gets her prince and they share a kiss, Lucy tilts her head, claps her hand together, smiles the biggest smile and exclaims "she loves her daddy!"

A few other random things she says that I dont want to forget...she calls sunglasses, reading glasses or any glasses for that matter "hoppies".  She has done that for a while and it still sticks.  So, if you hear her tell you "I like your hoppies" now you'll know what it means. 

She calls Grammy "Benny" and when we ask her "do you want to go see Grammy" she'll reply "what m'amm?"  she doesn't know a grammy!  :)

She calls rubber bands  "piggys" and she knows every morning how she wants her hair.  If she wants it in a pony tail, she'll point to her head and say "I want it up top", if she wants piggy tails, she'll ask for "two piggies" and if she wants it in a mary-jane, she'll tell me "just a bittle bit" aka little bit!  :)

I have 3 sisters and Lucy has a hard time keeping all their names straight.  We probably see my sister Tiffany aka "tit-ton-ee" the most so she seems to have that name down  The other day we were heading to get my nephew, Durham, to go to McWane.  So, he ran out to the car and as we were pulling away, Lucy got all upset and said "I want to see Durham's, tittany", she couldn't remeber Holley's name but knew she was my sister.  :)

My mom recently got Lucy a key chain and attached a random key to it. Lucy loves it and always has it in her little hand or her purse. All of a sudden she came and found me with her key in her hand, her purse on her shoulder and her baby on her hip and told me, "I gotta go, I'll be right back" and she strut out the front door and went and sat in her car for about half an hour. Ash and I took the battery out, so it just sits there, but she was perfectly content just sitting there and pretending.

Photobucket

I love love love this age and am so thankful I get to stay home and witness all the things she says and does!  But now, I gotta run, we are headed to vacation bible school this morning and I do not want to be late.  Have a great Monday!

1 comment:

  1. Cute!! Greyson was playing with Lucy at church on Sunday and then again today. Both times as we left, he made sure to say "Bye-bye, Woo-cy! See woo waiter." LOL!

    ReplyDelete