Thursday, January 13, 2011

a Birthday and a Baptism

This post has been sitting in my blogger for a while and just needed some pictures uploaded. So, this one is also a loooong post with some information that I wouldn't have added so late in the game, but like I said it has been written since November. Anyhow, back in mid-Novemeber we had a celebratory weekend for the girls. Lucy was turning two on the 17th and Lynlee was approaching 10 weeks and had a certain gown to fit into. So, we decided to fit the festivities into one weekend. I'm pretty sure our out of town family appreciated one less road trip. :)

And what a fun 2 years it has been! She has earned many nicknames, LucyLu, Lulu, Lucy Goosy, Luigi (don't ask), Goosy Girl, and she has the personality to match up to all of them.

Photobucket

She is the sweetest, most loving, independent, free spirited little girl with a heart of gold and is F-U-N-N-Y! This girl has us and everyone else cracking up all the time.  Here she is wearing every gift she could...


Photobucket


We celebrated last weekend with a big circus themed birthday bash...

Photobucket


with plenty of hotdogs, popcorn, and cotton candy....

 Photobucket

and the kids ate and ate and ate...

Photobucket

...and played and played and played...

Photobucket

Photobucket

One day, I will learn, that I could simply serve cake and ice cream and let kids jump on the trampoline and call it a party. That trampoline has never failed me at any party...and check out that hair!!??

Photobucket


We had games set up all over and we busted up a pinata...

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

and we sang Happy Birthday. And would you believe Lucy got just a little shy with all of her friends and family singing to her!!??

Photobucket

Her shyness was short lived and as soon as the singing stopped she went to town blowing out those candles!


Photobucket

The next morning we got up bright and early for Lynlee's baptism. We arrived on right on time and the service went beautifully. Would you also believe that with all the family we had there on both sides, that the sermon was about toxic family members!!?? So funny in my opinion, because you know we all have them! :)I am so appreciative of all of our family and friends who love my children and were there to witness my sweet Lynlee being given to our Lord.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

"And he took he children in his arms, put his hands on them and blessed them" Mark 10:16

Photobucket

Photobucket

There was a program immediately after the service so we weren't able to take any pictures at church. But we were able to take some afterwards at home...

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

The above pic is Lynlee's godparents or should I say godfamily. :)Its my sister Tiffany and her family. I so appreciate them driving up from Auburn.

The gown was made by my great aunt, Edna Mae, for me as a baby and has now been worn by both of my daughters.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

I monogrammed it with all of our initials and the dates of our baptism, and am wondering whether to frame it and hang it in the nursery, or have it preserved for later generations...hmmm.

Afterwards, we had a baptismal brunch at our home that was so easy and delicious!

Photobucket

Photobucket

Because everything with the exception of the macaroni and cheese could be made ahead of time and served cold. I served it all with a honeybaked ham and white bisuits (that my brother-in-law made and brought with them) and an Edgars starwberry cake, which is hard to beat. So here you go...I'll let you in on the best kept secret, when serving a large group on a limited budget and time :) Enjoy!


Broccoli Salad
2 bunches of broccoli - florets only
6 slices of crispy bacon crumbled
1/2 c raisin (I prefer golden raisins)
1/2 c red onion
sunflower seeds

Mix together and toss with dressing - 1 c may, 1 c sugar, & 3TB red wine vinegar. I made this the night before (usually better that way anyways) but added the bacon right before serving because otherwise it gets soggy and not so crispy.

Fruit Salad
1 large can of pineapple tidbits
4 medium bananas
sliced strawberries
red or green grapes (I use both)
blueberries
1TB butter
1/2 c sugar
1 TB flour
1 egg

Drain pinapple and save juice. Beat egg, add sugar, flour and butter. Heat mixture on medium until bubbly and gradually add pineapple juice. Stir constantly until think (like pudding). Cool and store in refrigerator. When ready to serve pour mixture over fruit and toss. I washed and sliced all fruit and tossed in 2 TB of lemon juice to prevent browning the night before. I also made the "dressing" the night before as well. And put it all together aboiut 1 minute before we ate...decicious and easy!



Baby Blue Salad
bag of field greens
sliced strawberries
can of mandarin oranges (drained)
almonds
blue cheese
raspberry walnut vinaigrette
olive oil

Mix vinaigrette and olive oil 2 to 1.  Combine all other ingredients and toss with dressing right before serving. Make as much or as little as possible.  I made up the salad and dressing the night before. And right before serving I added the almonds and blue cheese and tossed with the dressing.


I'm almost there and caught up on my blogging from 2010, but I still have a few more posts before I can start on the new year. Up next...So this is Christmas...



1 comment:

  1. Your family is beautiful!! Love sweet Lynlee's baptism dress!! My vote is have it preserved ... thats one they will for sure want their own daughter to wear one day.

    ReplyDelete