Thursday, May 19, 2011

End of Year Teacher Gifts

As the end of the school year approaches, the busier my calendar gets. Between various feild trips, May Day Play Day, End of Year Parties, teacher gifts, etc, etc I'm am stressed with all the various "events" going on. Anyhow, I know that each of my children's teachers will be getting a generous gift card that every family pitched in for, but I like to give a little extra something to show my appreciation for everything they have done throughout the year. I am the first to admit, I am not the most active mother at school, in fact, I'm really quite detatched from the hustle and bustle of school activities. I'll help out for the major things, but the rest of it, flies under my radar. Anyhow, I have been brainstorming for a cute gift that our teachers could actually enjoy and get some use out of and while I was filling a prescription, I found it, at none other than Wal-Greens.

Now, you may have heard me go on about Wal-Greens but I swear to goodness, they have everything you could ever need. I'll go in looking for the most random of things, and sure enough, I'll find it at Wal-Greens. Anyhow, I came upon these towels for only $8.

Photobucket

They are actually big towels and really soft. So, I monogrammed it with our teachers last name (so the whole family could use it) and rolled it back up...

Photobucket

and stuck these cute flip flips on top priced between $1.99 - $2.99, and perfect for the pool...

Photobucket

and I rolled up an In Touch Magazine for its pure trashy gossipy goodness (and a People for Landon's teacher, since she's a little bit older :) ...

Photobucket

and tied it all up with some cute ribbon.

Photobucket

I had Landon write a note and Lucy drew a picture to stick with it, and thats it...a really cute personalized gift for our favorite teachers this year.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket


And all for under $15. If it's in your budget you could also include a gift certificate for a pedicure, manicure, or both :)

Photobucket


I'm not a teacher nor do I ever have the desire to be one. So, I am most sincere when I say thank you to all the teachers out there, thank you, thank you, thank you for all you do!

1 comment:

  1. Cute, cute! But now you made me feel guilty for not going above and beyond!! :(

    ReplyDelete