Friday, May 27, 2011

Last Day of School and a Redo

Landon had is last day of school yesterday. He had a great 2nd grade year and an awesome teacher. Here he is on his first day of sencond grade...

Photobucket

Photobucket

And here he is on the last...

Photobucket

Photobucket

Look how much he's grown!! He has learned so much and is proving to be quite the student...he had all A's a couple A+'s and then an unsatisfactory grade (they dont do F's) for his handwriting...go figure! :) So lil man is now an official 3rd grader! Woohoo!!! Our summer has officially begun.

Speaking of which, the boys are packing now for the annual camping trip to the Smokies. And this year it will be a boys only trip. I thought it was a little much taking this 2 year old...

Photobucket

and a 9 month baby that crawls around everywhere, eats anything, and is a general mess! :)

Photobucket

So the girls and I are staying home this weekend and tackling a few projects. Actually it will be one major project, my kitchen. Now, don' get me wrong I really like my kitchen and it doesn't need a big overhaul by anymeans, but there are a few things that bug me. You can play a little eye spy with this picture and try to figure out the 5 things I want to change...

Photobucket


One is this bad boy...

Photobucket

I had an elctrician come out to fix this, but the light is completely burned out and needs replacing. I also had him come out to fix this one...

Photobucket

Same deal, the entire can light was burnt out. And to make it worse, he recommened NOT replacing it. Somthing about how close the attic beams were and how much insulation there was up there was over heating the light and causing it to completely burn out, blah, blah, blah. So, you would think I thought, perfect, I can replace it with a pendant light which would look a lot better and is something I have wanted to do. But, I can't because the darn light isn't centered over the counter. {sigh}

So, now I have some major decision making. Because without knowing all of that, I recently made a splurge purchase on this...

Photobucket


I LOVE LOVE LOVE this chandelier. Its part of the Lucia collection with Murray Feiss. I bought it to go over my dining room table, which is right next to the kitchen counter. So, I'm going to have to find some very understated lighting fixtures for the kitchen as not to compete with the chadlelier which I think is a statement peice. Anyhow, my plan for the weekend, is a date with my kitchen. The elctrician is coming later this afternoon so, the girls and I are off to Lowes in a minute to look at budget friendly lighting fixtures and paint. Have a great and safe Memorial Day Weekend!!

1 comment: