Friday, June 17, 2011

Beach Bound in the AM...

...so you know it utter chaos around here.  And of course, everything that could go wrong, did.  I, for once, did not procrastinate (out of pure excitement) and started the packing process yesterday.  That would have entailed tackling the mound of laundry that needed to be cleaned, ironed, and put away, as well as labeling, finding and bringing up all necessary beach gear, etc, ect.  So the ball got rolling during nap time yesterday and right around the kids were getting up, a crazy strong thunderstrom popped out of nowhere and did some damage around here.  Nothing major to our house, just larger branches, leaves and other debris all over the yard. 

Photobucket

Giant trees were uprooted and one split down the middle just a few doors down though.  And since there was no warning whatsoever, all of our beach towels that were laying out to dry got soaked along with cushions, bathing suits, tee-shirts, shoes, etc, etc. We were taking no chances after the April tornadoes and as soon as the wind kicked up we high tailed it to the basement only for our power to go out.  Arggghhhh!!!  I still had a ton of laundry left to do, a kitchen to clean up, and bedtime routine still needing to be tackled.  Needless to say, I was not a happy camper last night.  I went to sleep in a hot house and a teething baby!

Photobucket

Thankfully, the power did come back on around 1 am when our house lit up like a christmas tree and woke up the teething baby who woke up her toddler sister.  Fun times!

BUT my spirit will not be dampened...I'm going to the beach tomorrow for an entire week with 2 babysitters helping me out...woohoo!!  We are heading down to Seaside tomorrow along with 5 other families to share an enormous beach house for seven full days.  In total there will be 11 adults, 12 children, and 2 lifesavers babysitters.  I keep joking that I hope we're still friends next week!  ha!

Photobucket

Anyhow, I still have a teething baby who is only comforted by her mama right now, which means I am nowhere near being packed.  There is still laundry to be done, a house that needs to be picked up and 5 people that need to be packed.  And it is absolutely insane how much stuff we will be taking...I will have to post a pic so you can laugh along with me.  But, I'm taking it all in stride because I'm beach bound in the a.m...YAY!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment