Thursday, September 22, 2011

1st day of School & a Cowboy Redo

So, in our house we have 2 first days of school, one for "big" school and one for mothers day out.  The girls started at the beginning of the month and the pictures were too cute not to post.




DSC_1373

DSC_1371

DSC_1370

I have become obsessed with them matching.  All the time.  Its maybe gotten a little out of hand.  But they sure look cute matching.  Lucy loves it too.  She is now asking me everytime we get dressed if  "We going to match?"  To which I am more often than not replying "yes" and Lucy then responds "cool" HA!!

She is still as funny as ever.  She also has become obessed with her birthday.  Between Lynlee's first birthday party (which I will post on next) and all the other birthday parties we have been invited too lately, Lucy is beginning to question my sanity. She cannot wrap her mind around why she isn't having a party.  I tell her its coming up, that her birthday is in Novemeber.  So everyday we hear "I got a birthday comin' up in 'no-ember"  She's got that right and it will be here before we know it.  Days seem to be flying by lately.

And finally, Landon is getting a new room.  We have decided to switch his room with the girls, for space, closet layout, etc.  And with that he is getting a redo.  He has had a cowboy room for over four years now.  And even though it is still one of my favorite rooms, I do believe its time to move on.

DSC_0036

DSC_0034

DSC_0037

In case you couldn't guess, he wants a sport room.  So I have been pinning away (finally got the whole craze on pinterest) and scouring all the magazines for ideas.  There are a bunch of them.  But for now, I am starting here with these vintage postcards...

DSC_0041

My sister gave them to me, and they fit our family too perfectly not to use.  For starters, I am a born and bred Alabama fan (roll tide) and since we live here, Landon is too.  And as much as I fight it, he is also a Tennessee fan (gag :)) just like his daddy.  And my dad and sister are both grads of Sewanee which is also where I called home in my early childhood.  So, seriously, how perfect are these cards!?  There gonna get framed in black and going on the wall and will serve as the inspiration for the rest of the room. 

Oh, I will be selling Landon's cowboy decor on ebay.  It consists of a cowhide bedspread from Pottery Barn, 2 sets of longhorns, bow and arrow finials, cowboy boots decor, big Texas metal star, real wagon wheel and other various wall and shelving decor peices.  If your interested in any or all of it, let me know and I'll cut ya a deal!  :)   Have a great day!

No comments:

Post a Comment